Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beware of the boss from the black lagoon


Margaret Zsigmond
April 15, 2009

DURING this downturn watch out for the bully bosses who are relishing their power over you.

One can almost hear their tiny reptilian brains warming to the kill. You're not imagining things when you see their slime on the office floor. Catch the bully boss unawares and you will see him baring his blood-stained fangs.

If your boss is a bully, up your antidepressants and blood pressure pills and get ready for unpredictable, insane behaviour. His none-too-subtle hints that you are replaceable are going to play havoc with your sensibilities and cause your work to look second-rate as he keeps telling you it is. Any day now, he will call you into his nest and, with a gleam in his eye, tell you your services are no longer required.

That's how my bully boss sacked me. With a gleam in his eye and a lopsided smile for the entire two seconds that it took him to tell me I was redundant. After two months of treating me like the poo under his shoe, humiliating me in meetings and insinuating that my work is drivel, it had come to this. All I could do was smile and say, OK.

Later, in the privacy of a toilet cubicle, my self-esteem departs for Saturn and the thought of my smiling mother reduces me to a blubbering mess of self-pity.

Much later on, I remind myself that the targets of bully bosses tend to be high achievers. I take heart in the fact that bully bosses behave tyrannically because they are essentially inept, incapable and insecure.

But none of this consoles me. The simple fact is that my certifiably insane boss gets to keep his job while I'm relegated to a Centrelink queue.

In a further attempt to console myself, I discover that 81 per cent of bullies are managers, 84 per cent of their targets are women and 82 per cent of their targets eventually lose their jobs.

When jobs are scarce, the only people working will be bullies and their toadies. The advice columns on how to deal with these despicable people tell me to agree with them, not to react, and refuse to fight. How unsatisfactory.

No, the only other cheek he is getting is the one on my posterior. When he shouts, I'll shout back. When he snarls, I'll snarl even louder. I shall take up a threatening stance and become unreasonable. My behaviour will be deemed dangerous. Just like his - except that Security has never been asked to remove him from the premises.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT: It is very important to always remember that the psychopaths are incompetent, and therefore are threatened by people who are competent. Upon having achieved a position of power "by hook or by crook", the psycho will then promote into management people who are not of high ability, but who have demonstrated a willingness to obey.

People of high ability may get jobs in this system, but they will be confined to specific areas, doing things the psychos need done that the psychos, being incompetent, cannot do for themselves. Usually this will be science, engineering, or technology, but even in these fields the bosses will be those who obey the stupid and frequently insane orders of the COC. (e.g., Candace Pert, author of Molecules of Emotion, said after working at the CDC that even if you were a brilliant scientist, you still had to go to the bosses for funding, who were almost all M.D.'s who knew nothing about what you were asking them to fund.)

Many "experts" in the media are the result of this process, which has been going on forever. Consider how everyone's consciousness is corrupted by this factor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: